Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Meaning to Being "Two Faced"


Just saw this and had to share...
This baby girl named Lali, was born March 11th in a northern Indian village and is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess. Apparently she has an extremely rare condition known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Except for her ears, all of Lali's facial features are duplicated - she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes.
"She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time," the hospital said.
The little girl is being hailed as a return of the Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, a fiery deity traditionally depicted with three eyes and many arms.
Yeeeessshhh!

9 comments:

kara said...

and she's even cute.

goddess and cute. score.

Emily said...

Thank God she's cute - that would kind of suck to have a duplicated "ugly" baby.... :)

I don't know if I'm just a terrible person - but I think I would be frightened by my child if it came out with 2 faces.... wow....

Mac said...

So sad really.
I sit here with four kids and five grandkids.
All perfect.
I have no problems.
Thank you God.

Then again, I think God thinks this baby is also perfect.

Sarah said...

When I saw this news story, I was intrigued. I read a whole bunch of different articles. The thing that kind of made it better was that the entire village is taking care of her. There are people fanning her 24 hrs a day so the flies can't land on her. She's adorable, but this condition also means a lot of horrible complications to come. Poor baby. At least she will be revered as holy!

froelica said...

The first thing I thought when I heard this story was "Thank pete that her eyelids blink at the same time!"
It would have just been shit in the wound if they didn't. That would just take weird to a level I wouldn't want to go to. And I'm a weirdo.

Unknown said...

she is randomly cute. thats really sad though... luckly they are taking care of her. I could see some religions and cultures that may do they complete opposite...

Sarah said...

"Shit in the wound". I love Ashley.

Susie Q said...

I like, "Thank Pete"... yup Ashley is the queen of old fart sayings.

froelica said...

Thank you, thank you, ladies and germs. *bow, bow with a hand flourish, bow*