Monday, November 10, 2008

Trains



My husband is downstairs right now, ripping apart his train set. You read that right. He is 50+ and he has a train set. I might add, it's a kick-ass train set.


Over the years, he's employed the family to contribute. Sarah and Josh installed a lovely


white-trash trailer. It has a car on blocks and is on the "wrong side of the tracks". (Duh)


Scott constructed a warehouse that is so detailed it deserves a good inspection.


There is a baseball field, a cemetary with mourners and an open grave. There are cars and trucks, some in the aftermath of a crash.


A haunted house sits on the hill and there is even a hobo's cave near the train tunnel.


All in all, it's pretty cool.


But read the beginning of this post again and you'll see, HE IS RIPPING IT APART!


Cause, you see folks, he is his father... His dad always had to have a project and Jim is just following his genes.


It's time for a new train layout. The kids and grandkids can't wait to get down and dirty composing the new and improved one. Trust me, it's a good thing!


(Good grief, I hear wood splintering, that can't be good...)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh oh... Splintering wood is a bad omen...

I need a project like that.

Sarah said...

My first reaction was, "noooooo". But by the end of the post, I'm already giddy to start moulding mountains and crap. Yes! I will be over at 8am.

Mac said...

I need my train buddies.
I will have it ready to get going real soon.
I see a wharf (like Newport, Oregon)in its future.
Other ideas?

Emily said...

Whoop whoop! I can't wait to get going on a new layout! :)

Sarah said...

Another idea. Kind of in the same theme as the cave in Trains pt 1, we should do a homeless shelter. Put a bunch of "camping" people outside a building. :)