Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hot Flashes
Seems having "no uterus" isn't enough, I have to go on hormone therapy too.

(How do you make a hormone? You don't pay her...(((yuck, yuck, yuck))))

But seriously folks, it's outta control. Every hour or so my lips get numb, I feel like I've just had a mild shock, then the lava begins, slowly until I am a sweating mess. I've been having these suckers for years, but lately it's just too much. After the heat sets in I get a blinding headache. I can handle it during the day, but at night I'm up every hour then struggling to get back to sleep with a flipping headache. But here's the really fun part....if I don't wake up right away and get all the covers off, I wake up with a raging case of hives! For years I didn't know they were related, but after my doc appointment today it's highly likely. Have you ever had hives? Good grief! Giant welts all over and they itch like nobody's business! Sorry for the rant, but I'm hot and I have a headache!
So how 'bout them Dodgers...?

12 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry mom - this sucks - so you have to take drugs now? not really sure what hormone therapy is exactly.... but I'm sorry you are going through all of this.... it's not fair!

James said...

Sorry mom. That sucks! Love ya.

Haley said...

well the dodgers are doing pretty good...

-im so sorry mommy! that is no fun... but soon.. very soon... it will all be gone! i love you!

froelica said...

Oh man... I can't wait for menopause. Sounds intense!

I'm so so so so sorry!

kara said...

Are you sure that it's menopause and you aren't having one of those spiritual visions indian braves roam into the hills alone for 30 days with no water to get kind of thing? Because i think it's that.

Emily said...

Kara may be on to something....

Susie Q said...

UGH...
I am "BROILS-LIKE-A-PIG"
formerly, "BLEEDS-LIKE-A-PIG"

Sarah said...

First of all, love the joke. It took me a minute to get it, but it's good stuff.
Second, you make having a monthly period sound exciting and fun! In fact, I can't wait until mine comes back!

froelica said...

Yes, Sarah! I've never treasured my Nuvaring, the week's worth of sugar cravings and the grumpies so much in my life!

Unknown said...

Geez Aunt Sue, I'm sorry that sucks... My mom is going through the same stuff, minus the hormones therapy, I can assure you it is a blast for her, as well as for me and my brothers...

I'm pretty sure you're better off the hormones, as soon as they get the dosage right you're supposed to feel loads better....

I'm sitting in Anatomy, and my teacher said that it should get better, so there's some hope!!!

froelica said...

Everyone is in DIRE need of postage, including myself. I demand updates, damnit.

froelica said...

I don't know why I decided to address the entire family on your blog, Sue. I guess its because you are like the matriarch or something.... Maybe you just got lucky. Who knows how my crazy mind works...