Sunday, May 20, 2007

The U-Haul Experience

Ah the fragrance, the amibiance, the purr of the motor, the hum of the radio...
yeah not in the piece we rented to move the "Shley of the A" and "the Moose" to their new digs. (That would be Ashley and James for those out of the loop)
The U-Haul's odor was especially ripe, a mixture of oh say, wet dog and a$$. Trully unforgettable I must say. The ambiance...just foul, filth and fungus.
I love that you have to sign your life away to rent one of these heaps, agreeing to return it clean, (ha!) and undented, (there was scarcely an inch of undented exterior). I almost felt sorry for the poor engine as it panted and sputtered, it was sufferin' I tell you! The steering wheel had a lovely squeel to it each and everytime it turned aaaannnndddd the radio was broken! (This was a sad day for us as we sat in the cab, Jim, Haley and I, DESPERATELY wanting some lively Mexican polka music to accompany our ride.)
But we survived and now James and Ashley are living in a really nice apartment overlooking the gorgeous Oregon treeline. It really is beautiful!
No more smelly, scary elevator! (First time I rode the thing alone, I couldn't figure out how to open the door. Scared the crap out of me!)
No more urinating homeless guys, or good grief, homeless wanking guys peeking in a window, (just heard that fun story today)... No more having to call the cops every few nights 'cause some poor slob was getting the holy tar beat out of him.
Good times, good times.

5 comments:

Dorkboy said...

Dont know why you all crowded in the cab of the truck... But the Durango was nice to drive to help out with the move. And man that engine sounds nice (its got a Hemi)!

Sarah said...

I am willing to bet that James and Ashley will miss the 911 operator. They were like this *crossing fingers*. Maybe they will be lucky enough to have a meth house in the new complex. Gotta keep things interesting.

kara said...

Well SOMEONE has to be a witness to these things...or their stories will go untold. It's a philosophical dilemma. If crazy wanks in the bushes and no one is around to see it...did it really happen?

Emily said...

kara I absolutely love you! :)

I do apologize for the nasty odor - let me guess - haley and you drove the Durango home and made Dad drive the U-haul??

froelica said...

Well Sarah, we may just be in luck-
Word is (from my brother, who is THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE IN THE WORLD <--- notice the sarcasm) there are a few drug dealers in the 'hood. I highly doubt it. My neighbors are all 35-50 and own large dogs. Now if those aren't reasons to trust someone, then I don't know what would be.