Monday, May 7, 2007

When did racing cars on Shute Road become okay?

Good gravy! I'm driving home from yet another softball game, (Haley may have broken her hand, more to follow) and minding my own business, driving one of my favorite patches of road along the airport on Shute. You know, the nice windy road where driving at the speed limit feels a "tad" fast! (((yesh)))
Suddenly my "happy place" was disturbed by the o-so-familiar sound of vvrrroooommm, vvrroooommm. Some Jacka$$, weaving in and out of traffic with some other bonehead right on his tail! I kid you not they were going 65mph or more in a 45mph, which I've already said feels "nicely" fast already.
Now the speed was not the reason I wanted them to plow into a lightpole and exit this earth like the bad guys in "Ghost", screaming and flailing about as the demons drag them under, it was the way they were driving.
With complete disregard for the folks inches away from them.
I can tell you, I did my utmost to slow them down, (((rubbing hands))). I really got one of them too! I slowed WAY down, like to, oh... 15! Pissed that rat-bastard off, but good. Alas, he was determined, and snuck around me disappearing around a corner. I was livid I tell you.
But then, I see flashing lights! My heart lept! It freaking LEPT!
Okay back to the real world... of course it wasn't either of the a-holes pulled over, it was some poor soccer mom. Groan.
Oh well, I can dream...

13 comments:

Emily said...

Okay I didn't see the racers but I did see that pour soccer mom pulled over. I have to tell you before I saw whow as actually pulled over my heart sank - I think it could have possibly been Jon - apparently he went the other way (Cornelius Pass). Anyway - I hate those rats that race like that too - it just makes me so angry.... Where is a cop when you need them? Oh that's right pulling over a soccer mom...

Sarah said...

That crap pisses me off. I told Josh the other day that I wanted to see some guy who drove past us really fast in a ditch a mile up. He laughed and said, "that guy's usually me".

Emily said...

Jon used to be a "crazy" driver - now he drives like dad... I'm convinced it has something to do with the damn construction world.... it slowed him down - he was in no rush and now he is in no rush even when we are late to things - I catch him all the time going like 5 under... drives me crazy - but I suppose I would rather that than him speeding like a maniac....

froelica said...

Yeah, the Hillsboro cops suck butt. They have nothing to do so they find people to torture. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Portland police are awesome, and so different from the Hillsboro ones.

And people like that deserve to get kicked in the who-ha's.

Emily said...

Hillsboro cops are still a thousand times better than Monmouth cops!!!! I got pulled over 3 times in one weekend!!!

Dorkboy said...

I must admit... I used to be that way, and once in a while (when in an extreme hurry and listening to loud music) I catch myself speeding. But I think it was more of driving a MINIVAN that has slowed me down. There is no reason to speed or weave in and out of traffic in the first place, but when you do it in a MINIVAN you look even more stupid (cause you most likely have kids in the car). I have also come to realize (after many tickets for speeding) that even when you do speed and weave through traffic... you dont get there any faster, so there is really no point.

Oh.. did I mention we own a MINIVAN?

Emily said...

Oh don't complain you know you love the MINIVAN!!!

kara said...

That soccer mom should've taken a soccer ball and chucked it at the cop's head. Best way to get out of a ticket...cause amnesia.

Amy said...

I'm with Josh... that's usually me on that road. Not the reckless part but for sure the speed part. Something about Shute road makes me go inappropriately fast.

Susie Q said...

Okay, I'm liking the idea of hucking a soccer ball at a cop, however, a REALLY inappropriate way to get out of a ticket might be a little "Girls Gone Wild" and show em' your t!ts.
(((shaking head in disgust)))

froelica said...

Sue- That totally reminds me of Arrested Development (Kitty):

"Take a GOOD look Michael, cause its the last time you're ever gonna see THESE!!!..... Whooo!! Spring Break!!"

Mac said...

Q.........how do I find my Blog?
So lame.
Jim

Mac said...

And I think that the "speeders" should be shot on site.
Less traffic problems.