Monday, July 23, 2007

Baseball Been Verdy Verdy Good to Me...

MY, (they are mine I tell you!) Los Angeles Angels continue to hold 1st place in their division! They are 2 games in 1st and have been for some time now.
The great part of the drama is, (and for those who follow a sport with love and a tiny bit of lunacy, it truly is drama) the team in 2nd is my second favorite team in the world, the good ol' Mariners!
It's a win, win situation for Susie Q!
Then to make this an even better season, the Cubbies are only 3 or so games out of first in their division, and the Padres (our very own Portland Beavers are their farm team) are doing very nicely in their division, basically tied with the stinkin', nasty Dodgers. (Okay, THEY just piss me off)
Anywho, I'm loving this whole dealio. Can you imagine a Padres/Angels or Cubbies/Angels or (swooning a bit here), Mariners/Angels World Series?
I feel faint...

8 comments:

kara said...

I went to an Angels game once. They gave everyone a free Angels shower curtain. It was just a regular ol' plastic curtain with red A's all over it. Actually...now that I think about it...I'm betting the DaVinci Code was hidden somewhere in there. Shoot. Wish I still had it.

Mac said...

I remember going to the California Angels stadium the year it was built in the early 60's with my Cub Scout buddies. We were so damn cute with our little hats and stuff.
Notice I said California Angels. Not the Los Angeles Angels of Stinking Anaheim!
They will always be the California Angels to me.
And Suzie Q, if the Angels and Mariners ever play against themselves in the World Series I will fly to the moon, or something. They are both in the American League. But it would be cool.

Mac said...

I want Kara's shower curtain. How cool. I just may go to Ebay.

Susie Q said...

Thanks Jim, dash my dreams why don't you?
(He's right of course, but dang...)
And I am coveting that shower curtain thingy soooo much!

froelica said...

You and James both!

Nicole said...

My Aunt Gina and Uncle Hank are DIE HARD Angels Fans! They have had season tickets for years and freak out about them just as much as you are! :) They certainly do not go to all the games because there are like 2000 but they hit most of them. I cross my fingers for the Angels every years just for them....now I can add you too! :) XOXO.

Sarah said...

I still remember going to an Angels game when I was little and cheering, "Reggie Jackson, Reggie Jackson". Not a clue what position he played or why we were so into him, but it was fun!

Mac said...

Are you Kidding? Reggie Jackson was everything. And everyone knows it.
Or was that Babe Ruth?
I don't know. What time is it?
And what is that on my floor?
Nevermind. I'll get it.