Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Watched Kate Kick!

I finally got to feel "Baby Chilcott" kick. Okay, that's not entirely true, I actually SAW her move. Good stuff I tell you!

Sarah was laying on the couch and whispered for Haley and I to come quickly. We watched in awe as the little miracle wiggled around in Sarah's tummy. But I must say, she is already a little ratfink; stopped kicking the instant I tried to FEEL her kicking!
I've had four babies of my own and witnessed countless pregnancies, but honestly it continues to blow my mind. Seriously how can you not recognize God when you experience that?

And you know what? I kinda wish I could feel that for myself again. (((sigh)))

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I know, it's kind of hard knowing this is the last time to be pregnant. I don't necessarily want more babies, but I could pretty much live in a pregnant state if it weren't for that whole "no drinking" thing.

froelica said...

I have two comments:

1) Not to ruin the magic or anything, but I CANNOT help but think of being pregnant in an X-Files-y kinga way. Parasites, alien babies, mysterious fungal growth. Aww... how cute!

2) Ratfink. That is all.

froelica said...

kinga = kinda.

Nicole said...

I would absolutely stay pregnant forever if I could. That was one of the most fabulous times of my life and the best experience. I would love to have just one more but I'm not the only person making that decision and the other half just wants one. And that is okay cause my ONE is the BEST! :)

Sarah said...

Froelica, it is alien like. It still freaks the heck out of Josh. He always says it would scare him if it was happening to him. The magic is real, but it's also disturbing...